Thursday, October 14, 2010

They do come in 3's

Recently received a parking ticket on my Dad's old '91 Taurus that I park in the employee lot in LAX because it doesn't have a current monthly tag hanging for the rear view mirror. Well I guess I can't complain too much because I can't remember the time when I've actually bought the last monthly tag. So it's been getting away with free parking for over a year, a $55 fine is getting off cheaply.

Also recently we were notified by our mortgage broker that on one (of 3) credit reports that they pull for our refi, there was a lien attached in '07 by a former security monitoring company because of payments we disputed. But we've never received the notice on this action until now & probably still wouldn't know if we weren't taking advantage of the "historically low" interest rates right now. While the monitoring company is now out of business (gee I wonder why, ethical business practices?); we still have to do some court stuff to clear it up officially, but we're confident it'll be resolved favorably shortly.

The 3rd is the most heartbreaking, just happened this afternoon - I broke the fastening strap on my trusty little fanny pack that I run with. I know, I know, laugh all you want...but I've had the thing since they gave it to me as a participant at the '90 Ironman (20 years). The IM logo, Gatorade placard, & the dayglow orange color (that was all the rage then) have long since faded, but it up until now - it was large enough to carry the Hot L keycard, some bills and/or cc, a gel, & a cell phone if need be, and small enough so as not to be too intrusive and bouncy during a nice run. Dang!

No comments: