Sunday, December 5, 2010

If it's Sunday...

...this must be AUS. Trying to keep focused on mostly everything else but actually getting on the bike. This is my 4th (maybe 5th) straight day out running. Today an EZ 30 minute trail run adjacent to Lady Bird Lake (to the darn dam & back). I could've gone out for more, and legs felt energized; but felt like I needed to hold back to prevent overdoing it.

Looking to follow some advice from Bicycling Mag for once and throw some informal fitness training into the mix. I'll still get in the rainy commute (schedule permitting), pack the bike with me for longer layovers & even jump on the dreaded stationary trainer soon to get some bike specific workouts in so I don't grow too stale. I do have some particular short & long term goals and I think this is the right way to keep balanced.

Sometimes we get too focused on a particular goal(s) that we forget what the primary objective is - HAVE FUN and stay healthy & fit.

No comments: