Sunday, September 25, 2011

The "Don't mess with..." department

... T (surprisingly a very understated official website).

Where I got the clown bike out for a decent ride - hot & breezy.

Staying in the inspiration for the Truman Show, and the next best chance for the Real Housewives of... franchise. Where patriotism is on display as a sport where the houses, businesses & city centers try to outdo each other in "My flag is bigger than your flag" contest. Where at the stop signal the elderly blue hair thought it was necessary to challenge me "Why aren't you in church?" To which I responded "Why aren't you?" "We just came from there!" very matter-of-factly. "So did I" unfazed (which wasn't a complete fabrication since I had just cut through a church parking lot a few minutes prior).


Where street signs tell it like it is.


And where bigotry may not make the best business strategy.

Did not see any of these, despite the rumor of an Executive Order from the GOV. otherwise. Where the roads are surprising free of trash though not of smashed armadillos (or the smashed turkey vulture trying to feast on same). Where good eats for a post-ride meal are guaranteed to satisfy.

I'll be back.

No comments: