Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yea but can I put it back together?

Clown bike is officially semi-retired as I travel for the first time (later today) with my new Ritchey Break-away.

I built it up with a mixture of old & new Shimano (105, Ultegra & Dura-Ace) group components.

It's packed it in a smaller hard case container (26x26x10) than the soft-sided case (8.5x26.5x 31) that comes with it - so more disassembly was required. And since this bike is a regular bike with normal sized wheels, either case wouldn't fit in the overhead bin (like I'm used to), so I'll need to either fit in in the closet (with a sympathetic "A" FA) or send it to purgatory with the rest of the baggage (which is why I've got the hard case).

Clown bike lasted me 15 years before getting really cantankerous to maintain, and it was a great ride while it lasted - and I'll miss talking it's up features and strange looks from those I'd meet (from the hotel elevators to racers in some occasional crits). Let's hope I get another 15 outta the Ritchey.

No comments: