Friday, November 30, 2007

Frozen in

In Spokane all day were I wimped out and left the Pocket Rocket at SEATAC. Just returning from working out (er um in) at the Downtown YMCA the temp. on the local bank across from the Pita Pit was indicating 21F with a wind chill at 16F. I basically had the fitness room, weight room, and gymnasium all to myself (which was good since I didn't embarrass myself in front of anybody with my anemic 46% free throw average).

Where was everybody you might ask? Out-frigging-side running & cycling along the Centennial Trail like it was a summer day. Walking to lunch at the Ultimate Bagel next to GU, I kid you not, I saw a John Belushi look-alike walking around in his shorts, a short sleeved T, and flip-flops. Now were he the norm instead of the exception I'd feel like I was on another planet - but I still admire these folks around here, they are tough!

Emde is probably doing a double century tomorrow, and will be done before noon.

Fortunately I'm off to Miami tonight where the overnight low will be 68F and all the snowbirds will be complaining about the cold weather there - team ride starts at 1PM.

No comments: