Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sporting

Two laps - 2, was all that it took to mix up wheels in the CAT 1/2 race on the lefty portion of the only uphill on the "S" curve at PR last night. MY FAULT (for once) as I momentarily overlapped wheels with the rider in front just as they paused slightly to change cadences (gears?) approaching the corner. DOH!

At least it was slow speed, thank goodness; but did manage to take 2 other guys down behind me. I also mangled up my big chainring and had to drop out a few laps later as it kept shifting back into the small chainring at the most inopportune moments resulting in less than desirable (or predictable) performance.

Woke up this morning with an extremely sore & stiff left hand (which took the brunt of my fall). I didn't think it was broken; but wifey wanted an expert opinion, who after looking at several X-rays agreed with me. Now I get to sport a nice clunky brace for several days while it heals.

No comments: