Monday, May 26, 2008

Postponed

The Summit the Sun - Climb for Kids event on Maui in September will be postponed indefinitely due to lack of time to get in proper training required. With less than 4 months until the big five-oh I just could not in good conscience try to collect donations toward my attempt, knowing how little time I've got to prepare.

With Summer rapidly approaching and the kids wanting more time in the great outdoors it would be terribly selfish of me to only focus on on this one goal.

So I say postponed - and I mean just that; I've got too much invested to give up on this completely. It would've been ideal to do this on my birthday (50 year-old climbs 50,000' in America's 50th State), but it's still an objective that I think is still possible within the year.

The good news is that I'll be able to focus a bit on attracting some more sponsors, most of which had already set their giving budget for 2008 by last fall. With the way the economy the way it is plus competition from the Beijing Olympics money is pretty tight to come by. So hopefully I'll have more luck attracting companies toward this next year.

Stay tuned.

No comments: