Thursday, November 6, 2008

5 rides in 4 days

4 of the 5 were in the dark and in at least light rain to and from work (though I saw my first hail storm and heavy rain as well). Of the 4 rides they were all on my fixie (39x17) with newly installed SKS race blade fenders (nice!). The other (longer) ride was on my clown bike on layover in Orlando this afternoon (then I road home tonight for a double). 11+ hours total saddle time.

I seem to have the body, head and feet taken care of but still trying to work on the hands. Some of my gloves just don't seem to cut it very long in the wet, whereas my heavy mits get too warm and I get them wet from sweating inside of them.

Any wet weather glove reviews or suggestions would be most welcome.

Tomorrow (actually today) will be a day off as I need to recoup and take care of the twin kiddos as Mom and the big girl are off to the East Coast (Annapolis) for a wedding at the Naval Academy for her niece (a Navy Doc) to a Navy fly boy (and possible future Presidential candidate - just like Bush 41 and McCain).

No comments: