Thursday, December 4, 2008

Resume normal speed

Saw the doc about my knee, which is still quite sore & stiff, and he indicated that it is progressing just fine and to resume normal activity as the knee will allow. He said that a 4-6 week process back to full strength is normal, with the lower end of the scale for the young and quick recovery types and the upper end set for those of my generation.

He showed me pix taken during the surgery which show a good ACL and no wear on the bone structure for the knee; which I find very encouraging.

I subsequently then tried to get on my trainer in the garage for an easy spin and couldn't even get one revolution due to my limited ROM. I suppose I could due a lot of 1-legged drills with my right leg but then I'd be challenged by muscle imbalance. So I'll stick to focusing on doing my core exercises and getting in the pool to get some light resistance workouts in.

15 weeks until Mason Lake!

No comments: