Sunday, September 5, 2010

End of Season




I actually got in early enough on layover to race Friday afternoon in the short TT - but I thought what's the point. So Saturday at Tour de Austin:

1st race (10AM Masters 40+ 3/4 combined w/50+ 1/2/3/4) placed 12th overall (of 100+ racers) & 3rd in the 50+. Unfortunately cash payout was only 10 deep in combined race; though I'm 3rd in points for the 50+ Omnium which pays out 3 deep - I wouldn't expect that to last since I'm not participating in any more races this weekend.

Stayed for 2nd race (Noon CAT 2/3) & finished dead last in shifty crash prone bunch sprint (75+ racers).

Would've loved to race in the Crits Sunday & Monday but not the case as I wasn't going to be in town. Sorta weird Omnium with no formal road race especially with the number of open roads nearby and the cycling crazy support from the locals (?).

Finally feeling in decent shape for bike racing - now time to hone the overall fitness for next year.

No comments: