Tuesday, September 21, 2010

P or SC, part 2

Well at least we get an apology (after-the-fact mind you) with perhaps promise of further insight (drama?) to come. And I'm not sure whether he is sorry because he got caught or because he was a cheat? "A mind is a terrible thing" (as Eddie Murphy liked to point out on SNL) and some people do certain things because they want to get caught, even if it takes awhile for the proper authorities to catch up with them; others don't give a damn. Who's next?

Message from me
by ddickey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am
I'd like to start by saying I'm sorry to everyone who believed in me, supported me, liked me as a person and counted me as a friend. I am terribly sorry for what this does to my mom and sisters. To the people close to me, friends and family, I ask for your forgiveness. To the others, I doubt anything I say will change your mind about what you think of me, but I am offering you my apology anyway.


I want to make it very clear that everything that's happened to me is because of my own actions. I blame no one else or any circumstance, and am offering no excuses for what I have done. I feel sickened by what I've done and what I’ve become. I took my first sip almost ten years ago and never put the bottle down. There will be no more lies and half-truths from me—I'm done with living this life of deception. My parents did not bring me up like this, and I feel embarrassed by my actions.

I'd like to tell my story about how this has happened to a 'good' guy. I will not offer it as an excuse, only as an apology. That will come at a later date, for now I have to get my life back in order. Thanks for listening and for your support.

Sincerely, Dewey

No comments: