Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Contractions

Don't, won't, can't etc. are not what I'm talking about here.

Last Sunday morning, my better half (more like three-quarters really) woke up with some premature contractions and we spent most of the day in the triage center at Swedish (ya, sure, you betcha!) sorting it all out. They gave her nifedipine which canceled the contractions she shouldn't have had in the first place, but then she had an allergic reaction to it. Once she's back on track & taken care of, we went to have a NST ultrasound on her. After all was said & done we finally got home a little past 6PM - and we're exhausted.

I was supposed to be in the flight simulator for my final 737 variant training about that time, but called in to let them know I wasn't able to make it. This delayed my flight schedule which was to go yesterday (if you recall my first leg was supposed to be into BUR), which they'll have to reschedule (probably into equally as challenging Orange County John Wayne - or SNA).

With everything with the wife back to normal (or as normal as it gets for the next few weeks), and my flight training schedule in shambles (because they book the simulator time so tightly that it'll take awhile to fit me in); it's going to be a few days which I might have a bit of free time to get some honey-do stuff done around the house.

Couldn't be better news then for tonight - if the rain subsides for this evening I'll be racing for the first time since I crashed out of the Ohop race in late FEB. Ain't that sweet!

No comments: