Saturday, April 21, 2007

Tyler Update

Per my post the other day wondering about why Tyler Hamilton is performing sub-par:

From velonews.com - "Tyler Hamilton received plenty of cheers going up Brasstown, but a tooth infection had him bogged down. 'I have to get a root canal,' he said after the finish, explaining that he intended to finish the race. 'My family is here, and it's my only chance to race back in the United States, so I'm trying to suffer through it. But it's hard. I feel [the tooth] more than my legs. My dad probably could have ridden up faster than me today. My team liked racing here. Hopefully we'll come back next year with a full team.'

By full team does that mean a complement of new "advisers"? Of course this is a warm up race for his participation in the Giro next month, so hopefully he'll be over his tooth troubles and prove the sceptics that he's worthy after all.

No comments: