Monday, April 30, 2007

First Flight



So there I was at 41,000 feet....

....versus playing around on my bike at Vance Creek (where I'd rather be any day).

This pic is actually shot while on landing - not my landing (and not of me in the winning break as shot by Amara) - and is a pretty cool closeup of the jet I now fly. Though I'd rather be riding my bike, flying jets for a living ain't too bad a gig if I must work; but it's still work.

This first trip was a 2-day starting with my first leg SEA - SNA (Orange County). and it was a blast. Orange County is a short runway with lots of light plane traffic (Indian country) and demands precision flying. I got 2 passes into there, once Saturday on a sunny afternoon and then again the next morning when it was overcast. The other airports on this trip (OAK & PDX) are fairly routine by nature (long runways with mostly only airliner traffic). I'm happy to report that the actual airplane flies much better than simulator. It was a fun trip. Next up will be a couple of trips through SE Alaska.

No comments: