Friday, January 11, 2008

Knucklehead of the day award

Frequently I post the bad driver of the day award, or stupid passenger of the day award, etc.; so today I must self-disclose myself as the recipient of the knucklehead of the day award. I guess what goes around...

All I knew for sure is that at the end of the day I was going to be in San Diego, looking forward to a nice long ride up the coast tomorrow. I also knew my first leg was from SEA to SNA (Orange County's John Wayne Airport). I mistakenly believed that I was coming back to SEA from SNA (as is frequently the case) before continuing on to SAN. That was not the case, instead we were actually scheduled to fly from SNA to PDX; which although in the PNW neighborhood isn't close enough to do me any good for riding in SAN.

Since I thought I'd be returning to SEA I left my little circus bike in our pilot bag room - and would've gone to retrieve it prior to continuing on to SAN. Alas I am without bike, and will no doubt miss a great ride (see ride link at right) in terrific weather tomorrow.

Instead I'll work up a pool of sweat at the Mission Valley Y wishing I was outdoors paying for my blunder - DOH! Well I get another chance at a nice weather layover on Sunday when I have just 1 leg to LAX, I hope not to screw that up.

No comments: