Saturday, January 19, 2008

Teammies

First team ride of the year with actual teammates. Rode out of Irwin's on 40th in lower Wallingford at 9AM and went south along Lake WA over the I-90 bridge and then out to east of nowhere.

Street names like May Valley, Issaquah-Hobart, Cedar Grove, a couple 200 numbered roads, Petrovitsky came & went in unfamiliar fashion, before returning to friendly territory in Kent & Renton.

Ride was in the high 30's (perhaps hitting 40 in a few spots) and mostly dry except toward the later 15-20 minutes where the skies finally opened up.

My PowerTap had the ride data just shy of 75 miles in just over 4 hours, averaging 17.4 mph, with an average watt reading of only 180 (what that's all?) and 2721 estimated calories burned.

Jamie continues to ride stellar and Chad was rock solid as well despite his working 90+ hours a week. Post-ride burrito was consumed handily. Legs were definitely challenged today and felt comfortably tired. Tomorrow another solo long (& perhaps hilly) day in sunny LA.

Six weeks until Mason Lake #1.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were coming to the east side!! I had to ride with the same group of chumps I rode with last week. One tells me to go home while the other says I need to train longer cause Im a wimp.

justfivegrins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
justfivegrins said...

Do you have any time during this week (tomorrow - Thursday) to get in a long ride? Weather looks good, maybe I could drive over, perhaps w/Chad or Pruitt (if they have the time, meet you in Yakima if you know of any good rides there.

Anonymous said...

This weeks pretty busy for me. But I would like to hook up sometime.