Monday, January 21, 2008

Rock On

Up in Malibu, where a couple of Range Rovers, or a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, is the norm. Where German imports (S Class Mercedes AMG's, Turbo Porsche's, or 700 series BMW's) are the everyday drivers like imported Japanese cars in my neighborhood.

Just after 4PM yesterday at my ride turnaround at Malibu Bluff Park, across the street from exclusive Pepperdine U, who comes jamming by, but the 20-something guys from Rock Racing in a swift double-paceline. Trailing them was a black Cadillac Escalade with wheel racks on the roof. Could not tell if Cipo' was on one of the Scott's or not, but definitely a disciplined group.

Stupid Driver of the Day award goes to the lady on her cell as she obliviously drifted toward me pressing me toward the line of parked cars on Lincoln Blvd. She nearly jumped out of her thin skin as I banged her right passenger door; which as an afterthought could've caused her to actually make things worse had she overreacted & swerved into me - but she didn't.

No comments: