Monday, March 24, 2008

6 months

When I think that in exactly six months I'll be up to my eyeballs wrangling a bike 5 times up the Haleakala Volcano on Maui. Not since I was in college have I felt so unprepared for such a test. But preparation is more than physical and mentally I'm there, so the physical will follow - at least I'm not over trained, and I am motivated. I hope to look & feel like one of my favorite photos (taken 8 years ago near the top of L'Alpe D'Huez, 27# touring bike no less!). I only wish I had the yellow jersey to go with the yellow helmet.

New web site should be up & running before the end of the month. Looks pretty slick - I hope to live up to the hype. Attracting corporate sponsors has been a challenge, no bites yet; but I will be happy if individual donors come on board. I will make it very EZ for them to do so, as you will witness shortly.


I've been a bit dismayed lately as well to learn that one of my favorite rides, up Hurricane Ridge, may be off limits (not only for my training) but for all cyclists for up to 2 years while they do repairs to the road. To read more reference(http://www.bicyclealliance.org/#HurricaneRidge) and lodge your protests to the appropriate parties.

No comments: