Sunday, March 16, 2008

Winning Wonderboy...

from Walla Walla verses the geriatric Gig Harbor guy picking lint outta his navel. A tale of two racers.

Way to go Shawn winning another - makes 3 (2 RR & a TT, plus the overall at Mason Lk). All that hard winter work has paid off, keep it going.

For myself I've hit the skids. After catching the flu and tweaking my back in late-FEB it's been an up & battle to stay healthy with a house full of sniffling & coughing kids. And kids who now because of the sniffling & coughing don't sleep so well or want to sleep with in our bed. Couple that with some switcheroo on my schedule from early morning departures to late evening arrivals and my body doesn't know what's going on.

If rest makes you stronger I should be strong as a horse - except time off the bike doesn't necessarily equate to rest.

I finally got in a decent ride in Ontario, CA today hitting the Glendora Ridge Rd but had to turn back mid-way as the weather changed for the worse. Violent gusts accompanied by a snow squall had me retreating down the mountain highway as fast as I could manage, which was a workout in and of itself. 3+ hours had me fighting daylight to return to the comforts of the hotel safely - but managed some hill climbing, some tempo work, some sprint work (beating traffic signals) it was a wonderfully varied ride - and I got rid of all the crap holed up in my sinuses.

Hopefully see everyone at Independence next Saturday to help Shawn win another.

No comments: