Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Idiot passengers of the day

At the airport this morning getting some paperwork from a remote computer behind the gate (C-11) at SEATAC when an alarm went off in the pocket of a couple of young guys sleeping nearby. These 2 guys were college-age and a bit disheveled, but otherwise cleanly dressed and in a most contorted position. When I turned around after the alarm continued to do it's electronic best to wake these 2 - all the people around them had their collective heads up their ass.

So I walked over and lightly shook the one guy who was beeping the loudest & got him to wake up. He sleepily thanked me while waking his partner. Before I walked away toward my flight I told them that their fellow passengers were ignorant in their assistance and would have let them continue to sleep; perhaps missing their flight.

As a result I get the collective look from everybody else. Somebody will probably complain and I'll have to explain the whole situation to the Chief Pilot. Of course if he reads this blog, I won't have to.

No comments: