Friday, July 13, 2007

9 1/2 Weeks

No not the original erotic thriller you sex starved onlookers - but the real deal.

I've had the opportunity to witness my twins daily growth firsthand (thanks to WA State Family Care Leave). Skyler increasing her weight by almost 5 pounds with original lightweight Kaden picking up just shy of 6! Both still get Mom & I up at least twice each evening but they're settling into more of a routine. Their little personalities are starting to emerge as well, and their smiles will just melt you. And while frustrating at times, the joy - yes joy - of holding one of these bundles of love at oh-to-early in the morning is something indescribable.

I return to work in a few hours (0700 flight to SMF) and the routine of my flying schedule will return to normal. I'll be able to actually have the chance to sleep uninterrupted for the next two nights and get in 2 consecutive days of training on the bike (in Chicago and Oakland) this weekend. But something will be missing that I won't ever be able to get back.

Wish good luck to my wife, she will definitely have her hands full until I return.

No comments: