Thursday, July 5, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

After a win earlier this last weekend at the Capital Crit our young budding local made the type of mistake a CAT 5 would make. Yesterday the 4th at Joe Matava no real moves could muster the necessary horsepower to go away & stay away. So the pack ebbed & flowed with attacks and counters but it all stayed together.

With 3 laps to go just after rounding corner 2 the group was getting edgy for getting a good position to set up for the last lap & the finali. In the midst of the buzz mid-pack AJ (unattached)over corrected and took out Arnie Latie's (The Valley) front wheel with his rear. Now maybe Arnie shouldn't have had his front overlapping or should've sensed the buzz and backed off just that lil' bit or AJ shouldv'e held his line better or.... whatever - right now Arnie is down! Knocking somebody's front wheel out from under them tends to do that.

With me on Arnie's wheel, the next thing I know is Arnie is down perpendicular to my immediate progress and I hit him mid-torso with my front wheel. This has the immediate effect of propelling me over my handlebars (a la superman style).

I fully expected a domino reaction throughout the rest of the field behind us; but to their credit - everyone else managed to avoid the mayhem. Though I understand that as a result of the crash the racers behind were unable to catch up to the split in the field and pulled out to watch Richter (who sat in all race) pull off the big W (for $100) with teammate Chad (AxleyUSA.com) rolling across in 2nd.

The fireworks began early!

No comments: