Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 bike in review

Total miles - I think that would be a negative number

Total days on/off - is there a number greater than 366 for days off the bike?

Month with most mileage - probably OCT or NOV (trying to gain the most fitness leading up to knee surgery)

Month with least mileage - December (post op recovery from knee surgery - what's up fitness anyway?).

The only year that I really tried to keep track of all that stuff was when I took the year 2000 off to do Odyssey 2000 (a year-long round-the-world bike trip) and I still wasn't focused enough to do it all.

Order of bike usage (most to least) - Pocket Rocket (collapsible travel bike), Cervelo (race/training), Rush Hour (fixie - commute/training), Cannondale (training/commute/tow kids trailer+), Klein (mtn bike), Raleigh (touring, stored in Maui), Softride (TT/Triathlon).

No wins (or placings for that matter - WTF?). No TT's. No ITT's. No double centuries. No tandem fun. No off-roading adventures (intentionally anyway!). No triathlons.

Several run-in's with knuckheaded motorists and at least 1 lame cop.

Will resume outdoor activity when my stuffy-nose allows, brain is ready, legs want some fresh (albeit cold and moist) air; get me out of the Y (and the New Year resolutionairies).

I will continue my no-pollute commute on Sunday JAN 11th watch out!

2 comments:

UltraMick said...

We seem to implicitly agree that trainer time isn't worth...well...the time it takes to figure out.

justfivegrins said...

Trainer time? Shoot - I remember the years spent in MN, CT, NY & VA with real winters - trainer time was worth at least 3-4 months. I would've thought you might post some of those CyclingU TT's though, especially at the expense of PruDog.