Thursday, January 22, 2009

It never rains in CA...

and it didn't pour either.

A mostly cloudy morning in Ontario, CA with only a brief shower, but with temps in the low 60's I rode through it, with only a fleeting thought of turning back to the hotel to get my rain gear on. I'm glad I didn't as the rest of the day was very nice indeed.

I did lube up with Elite Ozone Energy Oil as a precaution for any wet mess that may occur, and it did a nice job warming up the legs and shedding the road spray.

Pre-ride I discovered that I had run out of chamois cream so I stopped off at Coates Cyclery and bought a small tub of AsMaster. I've never heard off their product before but(t) with a name like that how could I resist. Seem to work well for my initial 3+ hour test ride.

So I'm glad the forecasters were off on their predictions of rain all day - though I'm sure I'll meet up with it another day (like perhaps next Monday in SFO).

No comments: