Thursday, January 20, 2011

Clean - week 2 or weak too?

Day 8 - JAN 13th
153.4# 6.4% fat, 60.4% H2O, 1831 BMR
Feeling fine.

Day 9
Early departure so didn´t make noisy smoothie. Snacked on a few nuts & an apple. After a stop in SFO, we landed in PVR late afternoon. Would have rather gone outside but it was getting dark and didn´t want to trip on the rough pavement or uneven sidewalks so went to the Hot L workout room, scale said 70 kilos. After cleaning up I went next door to the Marina for some carrot juice & then made rice protein smoothie for dinner. With mostly liquids all day, hope the energy is there for a good workout tomorrow.

Day 10
No worries about energy - enough for an hour spin on the bike and another hour run immediately after. Got home late & didn't remember to do my olive oil prior to bed, I still strive to glow.

Day 11
152#, 6.3% fat, 60.4% H2O, 1812 BMR
Real homemade smoothie - yummy. Left home mid-morning then fly all day & into BUR late. Split Pea/quinoa/bean mix plus apple & few nuts for snacks. Officially past the halfway point in the program.

Day 12
All day in BUR on MLKJ Day. I now know what happens when you simply ignore then unplug the 5:45AM & 5:50 wake-up calls that you didn't request - you get a knock from Hot L security. This garnered a complaint to the manager. This is 2nd time in a week - what gives? Despite that lousy start to my day, I got out for a good spin around Griffith Park to the LA house. Then off to lunch at Whole Paycheck.

Day 13
150.8 #, 7.3% fat, 59.3% H2O, 1788 BMR.
Numbers a little skewed this morning - perhaps slightly dehydrated, check it against tomorrow's. Little tired in the morning as I slept until kiddo's needed to be driven to preschool. Much thanks to the wife for getting them fed & dressed - team effort.

It's a wonder what getting a real homemade smoothie into the body does for the soul. I'm not getting enough of these & missing some essence of the program by traveling so much. The shakes from the premix stuff are actually pretty tasty but they don't have the kick that the make-it-yourself ones can provide. Fresh mix of Brown Jasmine rice & beans with raw cashews for lunch. Container of organic blueberries disappeared.

Day 14
151.8#, 5.6% fat, 61.3% H2O, 1827 BMR
Weight back up as hydration increased, not sure about fat % (too much a drop in a couple days when it's been pretty steady). It seems to also be related to hydration calculation - higher hydration lower fat estimation & vice versa.

I find that as I end of week two that my energy levels are good & my appetite is satisfied - though it's hard being around home & the food we prepare for the kiddo's. I miss the pasta's, breads, and even just finishing up what they leave on their plates. So far so good on not cheating, though having any sort of enticing crap around the house isn't the best scenario (banana bread, chocolates, yogurt, other goodies).

I also find that my endurance level is good for the runs, rides and other fitness workouts that I've accomplished but I find myself purposefully holding back on hard sustained efforts, especially intervals, since I don't want to dig too deep into whatever limited energy reserves I might have due to my reduced caloric intake.
Another week to go.

No comments: