Saturday, January 1, 2011

old & new

GPS indicates that I tracked 17 running & 97 cycling events in 2010.

Running was 117.7 miles in 15.3 hours burning 14,000 calories (4#). Cycling covered 3553 miles in 22 cities & 12 different states in 203.7 hours burning 223,300 calories (64#).

I didn't get to track everything, either due to leaving the unit elsewhere, or forgetting to charge it, the unit malfunctioning, bad signal, or simply not bringing it along for the ride/run. I hope to continue to utilize this as much as possible to track my wanderlust, workouts, and races.

New for '11 Santa brought a Tanita body composition scale which will track my fitness progression.

Beginning the new year it indicates the following - I weigh 158.8# with 6% fat, a 8 physique rating, 12 metabolic age, 1910 BMR, with 61.5% of body water & 7.4 bone mass.

More than just the actual numbers on the scale which perhaps aren't a truely accurate reflection of my actual body composition is the trend that it will hopefully indicate.

Also on tap for the new year will be a 21-day detox regime following the book Santa brought my wife as outlined in this article. I promised her that we'd embark on that journey together & will keep you posted.

No comments: