Monday, July 12, 2010

Back from the dead

My Garmin 305 is alive & well this morning having revived itself after it inexplicably died last Wednesday when I turned it off after completing my Hurricane Ridge ride. Buttons wouldn't work, wouldn't download when connected to the PC & wouldn't show a charge when plugged in to the holes. Even contacting the Garmin support folks failed - said they'd get back to me in 3 days - well I'm still waiting?

Downloading the last route has about 4.5 miles missing from the final part of the climb, but seems to have captured the full descent - WTF? This unit is 6 months old and besides being occasionally a little slow in acquiring the satellite position on start-up hasn't really given me a lick o'trouble until now. Maybe it was a solar flare or something?

No comments: