Monday, July 19, 2010

Sealed my fate

Just made last minute decision to sign up for the Cascade Stage Race in Bend, OR this upcoming weekend. Factoring into my decision isn't that my racing form is all that great (especially my climbing), isn't the fact that I get off work at 10PM Thursday for a Noon start Friday, isn't the fact that I have a 6 hour drive to get from near to far, or that I haven't raced a TT in awhile - but I'm in need of a challenge & at least I'm motivated. And it keeps me from racing the Senior Games (50+) in Lacey (which I'd probably have a good chance of winning).

I've done a few tempo mountain training rides recently - one up Hurricane Ridge on a hot afternoon & the other down in SoCAL up the Glendora Ridge to Mt Baldy Village in sweltering heat. I survived them both - and with the absence of water on the Glendora Ridge ride I did darn well. This does not necessarily make me mountain ready for racing, nor have I done a TT in awhile - but the weather in Bend next weekend is looking rather pleasant (upper 70's - mid 80's); which is in my favor. And I've done a few Crits.

What am I thinking?
Anybody have a place they want to share costs with in Bend?

No comments: