Saturday, July 31, 2010

Curious about candidate Gruber

Went to HS in Spokane, WA. A graduate of Wazzu. Works for Banner Bank in Walla Walla.

Wrote an interesting note to Sarah Palin on her blog on May 21st:

Miss Palin: I want to point out that I, too, am a candidate for the US Senate in Washington State. You would like my conservative approach to defense, deficits, and other matters of national importance. You may be less enthusiastic about my views on some social issues. But I still think there is more room for diverse opinion under the Republican tent than under the Democratic tent.

Naturally, I have met Clint Didier. In fact, I just gave his people the benefit of my thinking on his milquetoast approach to campaigning. I actually asked when was it exactly that he cut of his brass? So far all he seems to be doing is papering the state with pretty flyers that everyone throws away. If he has made a forceful, passionate statement on any subject I guess I missed it.

There are a number of men running against Patty Murray....but I have an advantage over all of them. We all know what a bully is...and every time a good man has run against her eventually the Seattle Slimes (oops, I mean Seattle Times..) or the Public Intelligencer (oh, another little slip...I mean the Post Intelligencer) began to intimate that the poor little old mom in tennis shoes is getting bullied, and how dare they gang up on such a nice little women!

Now: not thinking, just say the English noun that means female bully....

There is none.

Oh, you can call me a bitch...but that word has taken on more general meanings. Hell, my Airedale Sophie is a bitch! And in my thirty + year career in banking, which is a man's profession (or more appropriately, a white man's profession,) I have heard a whole lot worse words applied to me. And I never compromised my ethics to accommodate anyone and on the occasions when I had to stand up for a customer or a principle and or perhaps confront a bank executive or an obnoxious customer, there were never any personal ramifications to me.

So I say that I am the only candidate that can take on Patty tit to tit and win because I too, am a woman. And yes, I am getting some good advise from a man whose name you would well recognize. His name is not relevant....and he's staying under the radar and is also pretty busy in his own right, but he is taking an interest and has advised me not to show my hand too quickly. I am heeding that advise.

May we talk? Here's an idea....why don't you come to Walla Walla? We have an airport that can accommodate medium sized aircraft - and we have two flights a day via Horizon Airlines whether we need them or not. And this wouldn't be a media event unless that is what you what. (My neighbors are decidedly incurious about what goes on around here...) Hell, you could even head up the valley to see old Clint!

We could sit by the pool in the warm SE Washington sunshine, play with the dogs, have an adult beverage, and just talk. And I can offer you a comfortable bed in which t rest.

I'm here. Just let me know your wishes.

No word on any get together - though I'd think anything that Sarah does is for her benefit, thus publicity would be the game. Though on July 21st the half-term governor endorsed tea party boy Clint Didier.

Sorta nice plug for Horizon Airlines, whether they need it or not.

I think she is running out of time (AUG 17th primary) & would be advised to show something quickly, I doubt her hand would be enough - perhaps planning to bare all; which after a 30+ year banking career would be bad advice.

No comments: