Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mile 1 on the run...

...is when I woke up. Actually mile 1 on the run is where I should have been when I woke up @ 10AM!

I woke up briefly at 5AM, looked at my ankle, & turned off the alarm (which was set for 5:30). Not included in my list of excuses was a twisted throbbing ankle resulting from moving my kiddo's stuff out of the way so I could load up the van for today's races.

After about 5 minutes of searing pain, which I still can't fathom how it got twisted in the first place - I guess I forgot how to walk all of a sudden, I limped into the house. I immediately threw on an elastic brace, and an ice bag, and elevated it (RICE, just like your supposed to) and watched the replay of 'boy racer" winning his 2nd consecutive stage at the TdF. And it helped. After about an hour I gimped around loading up the van in anticipation that I could still pull it off & then went to bed.

I still have hopes to race at the Derby Days Crit this afternoon - but we'll see how it goes.

3:30 update - just up from a nap and Derby Days starts without me - Prudog is free to ride for his own result.

No comments: