Sunday, July 4, 2010

OK my top 10 list of excuses...

...for failing so miserably to break the top 10 at Joe's today.

10. They started the races too early & I didn't get enough sleep.
9. Distracted at registration by old friend & didn't get a proper warm up.
8. & 7. The A/B pace was too slow & the pack was continually swarming allowing no escapes.
6. 5. & 4. My replacement bike is too old, too heavy, & doesn't shift properly.
3. The C/D pack was way too sketchy the whole time.
2. See yesterday's workout.
and the #1 excuse. My lead-out train failed to materialize.

I also thought better than to wait around for 3 hours to race with the CAT 1/2's in the PM, as forgot my worky-work uniform at home & had some stuff to do around the house between trips. So only 2 races rather than my ambitious 3 as I had planned.

An added bonus of getting home was to witness the carnage of the Stage 1 finish at the TdF (I didn't do it Pruitt!).

1 comment:

byron said...

I waited for the Pro 1/2s race and made it 10 laps, bro. That was pretty good for a comeback.